Learn from fun, interactive workshops.
This weekend conference features nearly 10 intense hours of practical help, research, and advice on how to improve your Student Government and how to become more effective and influential on your campus.
The conference is being held at Brookhaven College, H Building, 3939 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, TX 75244.
There is free parking in P-4 or P-5 lots near the H Building.
2022 Conference Schedule
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. – Conference Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. to 9:20 a.m. – Welcome
- Butch Oxendine, Emcee
9:20 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Networking Break
9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. – Training Block I
- A 13 Steps to a Super Student Government – Butch Oxendine
- B We’re in this Together: Representing All Students on Your Campus – Andrew Ortiz, J.D., M.P.A.
- C Who Said There’s No “I” in Team? – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- D NEW WORKSHOP The ABCs of SGA – Ernest J. Robinson
10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Networking Break
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Training Block II
- E The 25 Worst Mistakes Your Student Government Can Make – Butch Oxendine
- F Stoke the Fire: Seven Ways to Maximize Your Leadership Potential – Andrew Ortiz, J.D., M.P.A.
- G Do the Right Thing: Ethics and Your SGA – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- H NEW WORKSHOP Chess vs. Checkers: Understanding How and When to Make the Right Move – Ernest J. Robinson
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – ASGA Halftime
1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. – Training Block III
- I How to Make Students Care About Your SG: Create “Signature Programs” – Butch Oxendine
- J Who Cares? Transforming Apathy into Action – Andrew Ortiz, J.D., M.P.A.
- K Mission SGA! – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- L NEW WORKSHOP Serving in E.R.N.E.S.T. – Ernest J. Robinson
2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Networking Break
2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Roundtables
- Senators, Representatives, Judicial Branch, & Committee Members – H125
- Presidents & Vice Presidents – H126
- Secretaries & Treasurers – H104
- Advisors – H112
3:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. – Networking Break
3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. – Training Block IV
- M What Can Your Student Government Really Accomplish? Choose Realistic Goals – Butch Oxendine
- N Creating Student Government Advocacy that Effects Change – Andrew Ortiz, J.D., M.P.A.
- O FOR ADVISORS Leadership Development: Developing the Leaders Within Your SG – Vicky Goodin, Ed.D.
- P NEW WORKSHOP Lobby for a Hobby – Ernest J. Robinson
4:45 p.m. to 4:50 p.m. – Networking Break
4:50 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. – Wrap-Up & Raffle
- Butch Oxendine, Emcee
- Ultimate Connectors Raffle (return your evaluation form to enter)
- The Importance of Your Student Government – Butch Oxendine